Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Pitch swag

I was involved in a pitch recently where one agency was criticized for not giving the client a goody bag. Mind you, the client did not put it in so many words, but the message was loud and clear.

The agency did provide the presentation on a memory stick, as well as 10 bound leave behinds (as required by the client)...just no gift bags.

What are your thoughts? Have you heard this kind of feedback before? If you are a client...what do you think of the goody bag? Is it a pitch necessity or a lame pitch bribe?

I am interested to see everyone's feedback.

Mark Schnurman
Pitch consultant
www.filamentinc.com

2 comments:

  1. Hey I've just started my career in the advertising industry as a Business Development Director of a small local firm in Egypt.
    I think your blog is brilliant & will surely be following you from now on...

    About the goody bag! I think a USB stick is more than enough & that is definitely asking for a bribe.

    Great read! Keep it up!
    Cheers,
    N

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you. Anything more than a USB drive seems like a waste of creative time and energy. That being said, it seems that some clients still want more.

    Thank you for the kind words...Mark

    ReplyDelete

Real Time Analytics